In the United States there are over 38 million binge drinkers, almost 25 million illegal drug users and more than 6 million people who abuse prescription drugs… and most of them have jobs. Substance abuse directly affects a construction worker’s personality, health and ability to function safely on a worksite. It can also decrease productivity, create a hostile work environment and damage their company’s reputation.
MARCOM’s “Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse… for Employees in Construction Environments” training products discuss the hazards of substance abuse, how employees can avoid them and what they can do to help keep their job site drug and alcohol-free.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Substances that are often abused.
- Alcohol, marijuana and other depressants.
- Stimulants and narcotics.
- How people get “hooked”.
- Drug dependency.
- Becoming a substance abuser.
- Alcohol and drug policies.
- Overcoming substance abuse.
- and more.
All “Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Employees” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Employees in Construction Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Substances That Are Often Abused”
- “Alcohol, Marijuana and Other Depressants”
- “Stimulants and Narcotics”
- “How People Get Hooked”
- “Drug Dependency”
- “Becoming a Substance Abuser”
- “Alcohol and Drug Policies“
- “Overcoming Substance Abuse”