For a demo of the Online Training System or to preview any of the available topics click here
In Part I of this program on “Reasonable Suspicion”, we discussed the responsibilities of mangers and supervisors in making sure that drivers of commercial vehicles and other transportation employees with “safety sensitive” jobs are not under the influence of drugs while they are working. But drugs are not the only substances employees can use that impair their judgement and affect their ability to perform their job safely. Alcohol can be a serious problem as well. So it is important to know the “indicators” of alcohol consumption, and when to consider sending an employee for a “Reasonable Suspicion” test. This two-part course has been created to satisfy the DOT’s 2-Hour Reasonable Suspcion training requirements.
MARCOM’s course on “DOT Reasonable Suspicion Testing for Managers and Supervisors: Part II” discusses the “behavioral” and “physical” signs that someone has been drinking, how alcohol and drug tests are conducted, the “Removal-From-Work” and “Return-To-Duty” processes, and more.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Behavioral Signs of Alcohol Abuse
- Physical Signs of Alcohol Abuse
- Approaching the Employee
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Basics
- How Drug and Alcohol Tests Are Conducted
- Removal and Return-to-Duty
- Getting Help for Substance Abuse
- …and more.
Like all MARCOM courses, “DOT Reasonable Suspicion Testing for Managers and Supervisors: Part II” uses a powerful combination of full-motion, high-definition video filmed in real world locations, along with audio, text, and colorful graphics to provide the most cost-effective training available today.
DOT Reasonable Suspicion Part 2 Detailed Course Outline in PDF format
- “Behavioral Signs of Alcohol Abuse”
- “Physical Signs of Alcohol Abuse”
- “Approaching the Employee”
- “Drug and Alcohol Testing Basics”
- “How Drug and Alcohol Tests Are Conducted”
- “Removal and Return-To-Duty”
- “Getting Help for Substance Abuse”