In the wrong hands, hazardous materials can be used as weapons against us. So the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) established Hazardous Materials Regulations to ensure that the more than one million HAZMAT shipments that are made every day in this country are transported safely and securely.
Created specifically to comply with the DOT’s “In-Depth Security Training” requirement, MARCOM’s “DOT In-Depth HAZMAT Security Training” products discuss what employees can do to help prevent theft, hijacking and sabotage of HAZMATs by terrorists.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The DOT HAZMAT security regulations.
- Creating a security plan.
- Preventing “unauthorized access”.
- The fundamentals of safe shipping.
- Protecting HAZMATs while they are en route.
- Receiving shipments of hazardous materials.
- and more.
All “DOT In-Depth HAZMAT Security Training” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “DOT In-Depth HAZMAT Security Training” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “The DOT HAZMAT Security Regulations”
- “Creating a Security Plan”
- “The Need for Personnel Security”
- “Preventing Unauthorized Access”
- “The Fundamentals of Safe Shipping”
- “Protecting HAZMATs En Route”
- “Receiving Shipments of Hazardous Materials“