In the wrong hands, hazardous materials can be used as weapons against us. So the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) established Hazardous Materials Regulations to ensure that the more than one million HAZMAT shipments that are made every day in this country are transported safely and securely.
Created specifically to comply with the DOT’s “Security Awareness” training requirement, MARCOM’s “DOT HAZMAT Security Awareness” training products discuss what employees can do to help prevent theft, hijacking and sabotage of HAZMATs by terrorists.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The need for HAZMAT security training.
- Understanding internal threats.
- Securing HAZMATs and the facility.
- Preparing to ship hazardous materials.
- Protecting HAZMAT shipments.
- Unloading HAZMAT shipments.
- and more.
All “DOT HAZMAT Security Awareness” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “DOT HAZMAT Security Awareness” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “The Need for HAZMAT Security Training”
- “Understanding Internal Threats”
- “Securing HAZMATs and the Facility”
- “Preparing to Ship Hazardous Materials”
- “Protecting HAZMAT Shipments”
- “Unloading HAZMAT Shipments”