The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has established Hazardous Materials Regulations to ensure safe and secure handling of the more than one million HAZMAT shipments that are made every day in this country.
Created specifically to fulfill the DOT’s “General Awareness” training requirement, MARCOM’s “DOT HAZMAT General Awareness” training products discuss the regulations and how they affect each stage of the transportation process, as well as what employees can do to help prevent HAZMAT incidents from occurring.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The hazardous materials regulations.
- Training requirements.
- Hazardous materials in the workplace.
- Shipping Papers and the Emergency Response Guidebook.
- Packing and loading hazardous materials.
- Shipping and Unloading hazardous materials.
- and more.
All “DOT HAZMAT General Awareness” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “DOT HAZMAT General Awareness” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “The Hazardous Materials Regulations”
- “Training Requirements”
- “Hazardous Materials in the Workplace”
- “Shipping Papers and the Emergency Response Guidebook”
- “Packing and Loading Hazardous Materials”
- “Shipping and Unloading Hazardous Materials”