Everyone knows that alcohol, drugs and driving don’t mix. Yet drivers who are “under the influence” are still a major cause of accidents. To help ensure that drivers of commercial vehicles stay drug- and alcohol-free behind the wheel, the Federal Transportation Employee Testing Act requires motor carriers to establish rigorous drug and alcohol testing programs.
MARCOM’s new “Drug and Alcohol Testing for CDL Drivers” course discusses this requirement and how it affects transportation employees…and reviews the testing process itself, what happens if a driver tests positive for a substance and how to get help for a drug or alcohol problem.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in the courses include:
- DOT/FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Regulations
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Basics
- How Drug and Alcohol Tests are Conducted
- Removal and Return-to-Duty
- Substance Abuse: Getting Help
- … and more
Like all MARCOM courses, “Drug and Alcohol Testing for CDL Drivers” uses a powerful combination of full-motion, high-definition video filmed in real workplace locations along with audio, text and colorful graphics to provide the most cost-effective training available today.
“Drug and Alcohol Testing for CDL Drivers” is part of the Regulatory Compliance Series and is available in English.
The “DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing for CDL Drivers” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “DOT/FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Regulations”
- “Drug and Alcohol Testing Basics”
- “How Drug and Alcohol Tests Are Conducted”
- “Removal and Return-to-Duty”
- “Substance Abuse: Getting Help”