Cranes provide lifting power that can be indispensable for industrial and construction operations. But they can also create serious hazards for the people who work with and around them. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, crane accidents lead to thousands of accidents, injuries and more than 70 fatalities each year… but they don’t have to happen.
MARCOM’s training products on “Crane Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments” review the hazards that are associated with working with cranes, discuss the federal regulations that address these hazards and discuss the policies and procedures that employees should follow to work safely with these machines.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Different types of cranes.
- Crane hazards and safety standards.
- Conducting a crane safety inspection.
- Preparing a boom crane for a lift.
- Lifting, moving and landing a load.
- and more.
All “Crane Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Crane Safety” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Different Types of Cranes”
- “Crane Hazards and Safety Standards”
- “Making a Crane Safety Inspection”
- “Preparing a Boom Crane”
- “Rigging and Lifting a Crane’s Load”
- “Rigging and Landing a Crane’s Load”