For a demo of the Online Training System or to preview any of the available topics click here
Bloodborne diseases continue to pose major health problems. Increasing infection rates for Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C are now making them as serious a concern as HIV, the virus which can often lead to AIDS. So it’s more important than ever for employees to understand the hazards of bloodborne pathogens, the policies and practices that can prevent their transmission, and the OSHA regulations that address them.
MARCOM’s “Bloodborne Pathogens in Healthcare Facilities” training products provide this essential information while assisting healthcare organizations in fulfilling the training requirements contained in the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- HIV, Hepatitis and sources of infection.
- The Exposure Control Plan.
- Biohazard labeling.
- Reducing the risk of exposure.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Hepatitis vaccination.
- Post-exposure procedures.
- and more.
“Bloodborne Pathogens” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets, Compliance Manuals and Posters are available in English only.
Bloodborne Pathogens in Healthcare Facilities Detailed Course Outline in PDF format
The “Bloodborne Pathogens in Healthcare Facilities” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “HIV, Hepatitis and Sources of Infection”
- “The Exposure Control Plan”
- “Reducing Exposure: Work Practices”
- “Reducing Exposure: Housekeeping”
- “Reducing Exposure: Matierals and Equipment”
- “Personal Protective Equipment”
- “Accidental Exposure”
- “Post Exposure Procedures”