Bloodborne diseases continue to pose major health problems. Increasing infection rates for Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C are now making them as serious a concern as HIV, the virus which can often lead to AIDS. So it’s more important than ever for employees to understand the hazards of bloodborne pathogens, the policies and practices that can prevent their transmission, and the OSHA regulations that address them.
MARCOM’s “Bloodborne Pathogens in Commercial and Industrial Facilities” training products provide this essential information while assisting commercial and industrial organizations in fulfilling the training requirements contained in the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Bloodborne Pathogens: HIV and Hepatitis
- Infection and the Exposure Control Plan
- Methods of exposure control.
- Personal protection and vaccination.
- Housekeeping and “Regulated Waste”.
- Accidental exposure procedures.
- and more.
“Bloodborne Pathogens” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets, Compliance Manuals and Posters are available in English only.
The “Bloodborne Pathogens in Commercial and Industrial Facilities” Microlearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “HIV and Hepatitis”
- “Infection and the Exposure Control Plan”
- “Methods of Exposure Control”
- “Personal Protection and Vaccination”
- “Housekeeping and Regulated Waste”
- “Accidental Exposure”