More than one million back injuries occur in the food industry every year. These injuries not only cause employees significant pain, but also result in days missed from work and lost wages. But back injuries can be avoided.
MARCOM’s course on “Back Safety in Food Process and Handling Environments” discusses situations that can lead to back injuries and what employees can do to avoid them… both at work and at home.
Information covered in this topic includes:
- The structure of the back.
- Sources of back pain and injuries.
- The importance of good posture.
- How to lift objects without injuring your back.
- Developing healthy habits to keep your back pain-free.
- and more.
This course is available online in Full-Length Interactive, “Adaptive Learning” and Micro-Learning formats as well as Video On Demand (VOD) for streaming over the internet, as well as DVD that can be played locally at your facility.
The “Back Safety in Food Process and Handling Environments” Micro-Learning curriculum includes the following 3- 5 minute courses:
- “The Back and How It Works”
- “Types of Back Injuries”
- “Better Posture for a Healthier Back”
- “How to Lift Things Safely”
- “Taking Care of Your Back 24/7”