Electricity is so common in our homes and workplaces that we normally don’t think twice about using it. But electricity kills and injures thousands of people every year, so it’s important to understand its hazards and know how to avoid them.
Electricity poses two major hazards to people who work with it. The most intense is arc flash, a violent release of electrical energy that causes severe injuries and fatalities. The second is shock, which can cause burns, internal injuries, cardiac arrest and even be fatal.
MARCOM’s new training on “Arc Flash” focuses on what arc flash is, its hazards and how employees can avoid it on the job. The program provides practical procedures employees can use to protect themselves from electric shock, as well.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Shock and how to avoid it.
- What is arc flash?
- Personal protective equipment.
- Creating an electrically safe condition.
- Avoiding arc flash situations.
- and more.
“Arc Flash” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets and Posters are available in English only.
The “Arc Flash” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “‘Shock’… and How to Avoid It”
- “What is ‘Arc Flash’?”
- “Personal Protective Equipment”
- “Creating an ‘Electrically Safe Condition'”
- “Avoiding Arc Flash Situations”