When accidents happen, it’s important to know why. Even when the reason seems obvious, the real cause may be more complicated. That’s where accident investigation comes in. It examines the incident systematically to determine its true root causes. This information can then be used to update policies, procedures or equipment to help make sure a similar accident doesn’t occur in the future.
MARCOM’s “Accident Investigation” training products provide employees with the information that they need to understand the goals of an accident investigation, the process itself, and how they can participate in the process to help make their workplace safer. And these updated versions of the products include all-new visuals and a fresh look and feel… to engage trainees more effectively and promote better learning.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in the products include:
- Accidents and near misses.
- Investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- The role of tools and equipment in accidents.
- The importance of training.
- The role procedures play in preventing accidents.
- Learning from accidents.
- and more.
All “Accident Investigation” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Accident Investigation” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “Accidents and ‘Near Misses'”
- “Investigations… and ‘Root Cause Analysis'”
- “Case Study 1: Equipment”
- “Case Study 2: Training”
- “Case Study 3: Procedures”
- “Learning from Accidents”